Find a terrific female dog name from this bumper list.......
- Katie...A cute female dog name.
- Kabuki...Japanese theatrical drama. Suit an Akita.
- Kali... Malevolent Hindu goddess.
- Kanga...Winnie the Pooh character.
- Kara...Siberian river.
- Karma...Was she fated to be with you?
- Kashmir...Beautiful region of N. Asia.
- Katmandu...The capital of Nepal.
- Kelly...As Irish as Guinness.
- Kendra...Vampire slayer of Buffy fame.
- Kenya...E. African country.
- Kerry...County of Ireland.
- Kiki...Singer and Cute dog name.
- Kimberley...Renowned diamond. Call her Kim.
- Kin...Well she's now part of the family.
- Kinky...Go on I dare you!
- Koko...The "talking" gorilla.
- Kooky...Eccentric, quirky behaviour?
- Kizzy...One of my Cocker predecessors.
- Kitty...Feline characteristics?
- Kremlin...Russian seat of power.
- Kudos...Does she deserve praise?
- Kyoto...The one-time capital of Japan and an Unusual dog name.
More female puppy names to come, but let's break for a Top Tip.....
Once your puppy comes to look upon you as its leader. And once the name you have chosen is understood and responded to.
Then, your puppy is ready to begin her first training lessons.
We come to you already "wired" to please our leader. Teaching us the basics of good manners isn't that difficult providing you plan your dog's training lessons.
- At first keep lessons very short. Just a few minutes.
- Ideally, just before feeding.
- Pick a place with few distractions as your training area.
- Be consistent in the words and hand signals that you use.
- A pup's concentration span is very short. So, be patient.
- Combine tidbits with praise. Lessons are learnt and reinforced much better by giving food rewards intermittently, rather than constantly.
- And finally always end on a high note. Always finish with the lesson she's learnt best. Make the whole thing fun for you and your pup. That way learning becomes a pleasure, rather than a pain.
Find a female dog name amongst the L's...
Just click to go to the M's of Female Puppy Names.
- Lacy...As elegant as lace perhaps?
- Lady...No doubt about it. The No 1 female dog name.
- Lagos...Nigerian capital. And a unique dog name.
- Laika...A stray, who became the 1st dog sent in to space.
- Lara...The Tomb Raider heroine.
- Lassie...Oooh Lassie. My idol.
- Laurel...A wreath of laurels for your star.
- Leaf...Because she has blown in to your life.
- Leah...The dashing princess from Star Wars.
- Lena...A Russian river.
- Lexy...Short for the elegant Alexandra.
- Libra...Brought some balance in to your life?
- Licorice...Dark and distinctive.
- Liege...A faithful and devoted subject.
- Lili...Famous movie and song.
- Limbo...The state you were in till she arrived.
- Limerick...Irish city, and an Irish dog name.
- Lindy...A lively dance. And a cute puppy name.
- Lingua...Always licking you? Latin for tongue.
- Litmus...Has she passed her test?
- Liza...As in Lizabout. Top dog name for the lazy pooch.
- Loco...Enough said.
- Login...Has she gained access to your heart?
- Lolli...Just a nice female dog name!
- Lottie...Because you love her Lots.
- Loyal...Because that's what she's going to be. Guaranteed.
- Lucifer...Demon dog. Call her Lucy.
- Lucinda...A chic female dog name. Oozes elegance.
- Lucky...Applies to both of you.
- Lulu...A cute puppy name.
- Lunar...Visitor from another planet?
- Lupus...The latin for wolf. Fun name Loopy.
- Lyric...Do you dance to her tune?