Famous Dog Names to make you drool.....
Ace...The Wonder dog. Starred in films in the 30's and 40's.
Asta...30's movie star, and featured in the novel "The Thin Man".
Augie-doggie...Cartoon character and famous dog name.
Baltique...French President Francois Mitterand's dog.
Bandit..From the pages of the comic WE3.
Barney...The name of George W Bush's Scottish Terrier.
Beagle...The name of Lyndon B Johnson's Beagle.
Beauregard...The bloodhound character in "Pogo".
Bessie..Calvin Coolidge's Collie.
Beethoven...St Bernard--Star of the "Beethoven" movies.
Benji..Lovable hero of several movies.
Big Ben...Herbert Hoover's Fox Terrier.
Blondi...Adolf Hitler's German Shepherd. Perhaps not!
Boatswain...Lord Byron's beautiful Newfoundland.
Bodger...Bull Terrier character from "The Incredible Journey"
Bolivar...The name of Donald Duck's dog.
Boots...From Rudyard Kipling's "Thy servant a dog".
Boomer...A very famous dog name..The star of "Here's Boomer".
Brumis...Robert Kennedy's Newfoundland.
Buddy...Bill Clinton's chocolate Labrador.
Bullet...Roy Roger's famous German Shepherd.
Charley...The great writer John Steinbeck's Poodle.
Checkers...Richard Nixon's Cocker Spaniel and confidante.
Chesty...The US Marines fearless Bulldog mascot.
Chiquita...Madonna's Chihuahua and co-star in "Human Nature".
Chiri...A Siberian Husky from the book "Snow dog".
Claude...Mrs Drysdale's Poodle from the "Beverley Hillbillies".
Clipper... John F Kennedy's German Shepherd.
Comet...The Golden Retriever of "Full House" fame.
Cujo...The St Bernard in Stephen King's book, and movie.
Diamond...Sir Isaac Newton's dog.
Diefenbaker...Appears in Due South as a Wolf cross.
Dino...The Flintstone's dog!
Duke...Jed Clampett's Bloodhound from the "Beverley Hillbillies".
Eddie...The Jack Russell in "Frazier".
Enzo...Jennifer Aniston's dog.
Fala...Franklin D Roosevelts Scottish Terrier.
Fang...Or,"White Fang", from Jack London's classic book.
Feller...Harry S Truman's Cocker Spaniel.
Fred Basset...The Bassett Hound of comic book fame
Flush...Elizabeth Barrett, the Victorian poet's, Cocker Spaniel.
Gidgit...Chihuahua from the Taco Bell adverts.
Ginger...Mariah Carey's Yorkshire Terrier.
Girella...A female Portugese Water Dog with her own website.
The Superstars of the Future?
- Goofy...Disney's most famous dog name.
- Gnasher...Bulldog from the comic strip "Dennis the Menace".
- Gromit...Extremely clever dog, from Wallace and Gromit.
- Hachiko...An Akita famed for his loyalty in Japan.
- Hector...The Bulldog from "Tweety Pie" cartoon fame.
- Higgins...The real name of "Benji" the superstar.
- Homer...The Golden Retriever from the SF series "Animorphs".
- Huan...Wolfhound from JR Tolkien's "The Silmarillion".
- Huckleberry...The hound from the cartoon series
- Hugo...Marilyn Monroe's dog.
- Jacksie...The dog owned by C.S Lewis the Irish writer.
- Jazzmin...Pro Footballer Brett Favre's Yorkshire Terrier.
- Jeannie...James Thurber's Yorkshire Terrier.
- Jerry Lee...The German Shepherd in K9.
- Jip...A stray cared for by Abraham Lincoln.
- Jock...The Scottish Terrier in "Lady & the Tramp".
- Kabar...Rudolph Valentino's Doberman.
- Kashtanka...Eponymous dog from Chekov's short story.
- Kato...O J Simpson's Akita-- friend and innocent bystander!
- Kipper..Straight from the pages of "Kipper the Dog".
- Krypto...A real famous dog name--Superboy's top dog.
- K9..."Doctor Who's" robotic dog.
- Laddie...Lassie's spoof boy friend.
- Lassie...Would you dare call your dog after this mega-star?
- Lady...Ooohhhh....Can you resist it? Tramp couldn't.
- Ladybird...The Bloodhound from "King of the Hill".
Why not Check out the L to Z's of Celebrity Dog Names