Let's explore the O's of Boy Dog Names.....
- Oasis...Kicks off the boy dog names.
- Oberon...A satellite of Uranus and an Unusual dog name.
- October...Did he arrive in time for Halloween?
- Odessa... Ukranian port.
- Odin... The supreme Norse God.
- Odyssey... A long, and eventful journey.
- Olympia...The original site of the Olympic Games.
- O'Malley... Top Irish dog name.
- Omega...The final letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Omen... Definetly a good one!
- Opal...Gemstone, usually white.
- Opus...Musically, a piece of creative work.
- Oracle...Any Tarot cards under his basket?
- Orator...A great speaker, or barker perhaps?
- Orbit...Has he got you going around in circles.
- Orca...Killer whale. And the name of a cocker predecessor.
- Oriel... A really nice boy dog name.
- Orient...Did he come from the East?
- Orkney... Tiny Scottish island.
- Orwell...Name your dog after a great writer.
- Oscar...Because he deserves an award.
- Otter...Does he love to swim?
- Otto...Top name for a German shepherd.
- Outlaw...Is he a bit of a renegade?
- Owl...Simply a cute boy dog name.
- Ozzy...As mad as Mr Osbourne?
Let's take a short break for a Top Dog Tip....
As soon as your puppy regards its dog bed or pen as his own little home. Then, he is ready to begin learning about being home alone.
Start as you mean to go on. Leave his toys in his dog bed. If you want, leave something with your re-assuring scent on it. Give him a quick stroke, say "going out" and point to the door. Walk briskly to the door, and close it.
Go in to another room. Stay there for 10 minutes, then return to his room. Act cheerfully, but don't make a big fuss of him even if he is whimpering. He'll quickly learn how to exploit the situation if he thinks he only has to make a tiny squeak and you'll come running.
Don't allow him to become over exuberant in his greeting. Repeat this exercise as often as you think neccessary. Gradually, lengthen the periods of separation. And the times of day that you do it. Fairly soon home alone will become as normal as his walks, and not a reason for anxiety.
Ok, straight in to the P's of Boy Dog Names....
Just click to reveal the Q's of Male Dog Names.
- Paddy...The ultimate Irish dog name.
- Palladium...A precious metal. Call him Pal.
- Palm...An unusual boy dog name.
- Pan...After Peter Pan who never grew up.
- Pancho...Villa. Rebel and outlaw.
- Paprika...A reddish brown spice.
- Pastel...A soft and delicate hue.
- Pasha...Title for a military officer inTurkey.
- Patches...Popular dog name for a tri-color.
- Patina...The sheen on an object. Call him Pat.
- Paws...The canine version of Jaws.
- Pea...Small and sweet. A cute dog name.
- Peaches...Golden yellow, like velvet.
- Peanut....Popular boy dog name. For a tiny dog.
- Pebbles...A small stone. But a precious one to you.
- Pegasus...The mythical winged horse.
- Pepper...Hot and colorful.
- Peril...Does he like to take risks?
- Pernod...A fiery, yellowish, French liqueur.
- Pewter...A silver, grey alloy.
- Phantom...Hard to find sometimes? Call him Fanta.
- Phaser..."Star Wars" stun gun.
- Piccolo...A small high pitched flute.
- Pickle...Has he got you in to a "pickle"?
- Pilgrim...His journey is at an end.
- Pip...If you have "Great Expectations" for him.
- Pinky...Simply a Cute dog name.
- Pinto...Top dog name for a spotty dog.
- Pirate...Another cute dog name.
- Pluto...Just wouldn't be complete without it.
- Plato... Greek philosopher.
- Planet...Was he one of seven?
- Poacher...Fond of hunting?
- Pogo...Always bouncing up and down?
- Polar...Pure white and from the North.
- Ponto...A popular Victorian dog name.
- Popcorn...Another cute puppy name.
- Prank...A fun puppy name
- Priceless....Well he is! Call him Price.
- Prince...A classic boy dog name.
- Prune...Is he black and wrinkly?
- Puddles....Oh my. He's done it again!
- Puff...A real cute boy dog name.
- Punch...A heady mixture.
- Pukka...Yes...he's the real thing alright.
- Puzzle...Is he a bit of a problem?